How To Get Started
Funeral Preplanning – Getting started
Once you have decided on funeral preplanning either for yourself or your loved ones, you can contact us to initiate this process.
We can arrange for a funeral director to get in touch with you to discuss the celebration of your life or that of your loved ones. The funeral director will advise you on Christian funeral procedures and help you plan, at your pace and comfort, how best to remember and memorialize your loved one.
During this time, please feel free to ask any questions and voice any concerns that you may have. Raise any issues that may come to mind, no matter how trivial they may seem. Our goal is to help you get acquainted and comfortable with the funeral and memorial process as well as assist you in creating personalized and inspiring tributes.
The funeral director will also walk you through the entire process and these are some of the topics that are typically discussed during your meetings:
- Burial or cremation
- Casket type to be used
- Design and type of urns/ keepsakes
- Type of memorial/ funeral service
- Location and duration of funeral wake
- Photos to be used for service portrait
- Photos to be used for printed obituaries
- Purchase of niche in the event of cremation (Private or Government)
- Type and design of plague for use at niche
- Transportation requirements (if necessary)
- Clothes, personal belongings to be placed in the casket
- Reception and catering arrangements
- Readings: Favorite scriptures, poems, etc.
- Choice of music, video, photographs
- Keepsake / Mementos to be given out