How do you express the value and true meaning of that special someone who has gone to be with the Lord? Your loved one was unique and special and the way you plan to remember him or her should be just as special. How you choose to celebrate the life of your loved one can be as simple or as elaborate as you like.
Spend some quite time thinking about this special person and how he or she might want to be remembered.
What was your loved one’s favourite book, movie or song? Where was his or her favourite place to visit and what did he or she like doing best?
What made your loved one’s life unique? Was it his or her passion for spreading God’s love through missionary work in the far-flung corners of the world?
Think about the things that they were truly passionate about, things that inspired them. What made them truly happy.
Sharing these memories of your loved one will bring meaning to their funeral / memorial service and honor the life of that special person.
A Special Memorial
Here’s how you can help make that funeral and memorial service more meaningful:
- Dress up the room or hall with their favourite flowers
- Play their favourite music
- Put up a photowall with pictures of special moments, events,
- Display personal items or memorabilia that were important
- Reading of their favourite scriptures or poems
- Video tributes from friends, colleagues, family
- Gather his or her closest friends to share their thoughts and eulogies
- Custom printed materials – memorial folders, prayer cards, service programs, etc